Many people search for the education background of Amos Yee, but the information is scattered around the internet (and some sources are now defunct). This blog post summarizes all the information on Amos Yee Education, as well as honors and awards. All the education information are/were publicly available on the internet, but scattered across various sources.
Amos Yee achieved good academic achievements, but later got into a great deal of trouble, including jail time in both Singapore and America.
Amos Yee Education (Primary School)
- 2005 – 2010: Pei Chun Public School.
- Scored 244 for PSLE, with A* for Mathematics and Science, and A for English and Chinese.
Amos Yee Education (Secondary School)
- 2011 – 2014: Zhonghua Secondary School.
- Scored 11 points for O Levels (L1R5)
- Raw Aggregate Score: 7, due to -2 for CCA (English Drama and Debating Society), -2 for MSP (Malay Special Programme)
- A1 for English, E Maths.
- A2 for A Maths (Additional Maths).
- Other results (including Prelim results) are in this blog post.
At that time, the score of 7 points was good enough to go to Nanyang JC, which is now one of the top JCs in Singapore. Amos Yee’s Math subjects are consistently one of his best subjects throughout secondary school. His mother is a secondary school mathematics teacher.
Amos Yee Education (Honors and Awards)
- Grade 8 guitar certification (ABRSM merit)
- Best Short Film and Best Actor at The New Paper’s First Film Fest (FFF) for his film Jan, March 2011.
- Nominated for a Humanities scholarship at Zhonghua Secondary School.
- Taekwondo Brown Belt