The 2020 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) results will be announced on 25 November 2020 (Wed). Given the ongoing COVID-19 situation, students will receive their results from their respective primary schools – in their individual classrooms instead of gathered as a cohort in the school hall – from 11.00am on 25 November 2020.
Source: MOE Website
PSLE 2020, 2021 Cut off point
The exact cut off point is not out yet, but based on previous years’ cut off points, we give some estimates of the PSLE 2020 Cut off point (for entry to secondary school in 2021).
IP schools cut-off point
The most popular schools are definitely the IP (Integrated Programme) schools, since they are the most prestigious, and also students get to skip the O Levels which is a major source of stress for the students and their parents.
IB schools are also very popular, since it is well known that the IB syllabus is easier to score than the ‘A’ levels.
‘S’ Tier IP Schools PSLE Cut off point
The ‘S’ Tier IP and IB schools are:
- Hwa Chong Institution
- Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary)
- Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary)
- Nanyang Girls’ High School
- Raffles Institution
These are the top elite schools in Singapore. MGS (Methodist Girls’ School) COP has risen to this level in recent years, while HCI, RGS, RI, NYGH are the traditional top 4 secondary schools. In order to have a secure chance of entering these schools, the estimated COP or cut-off point is around 260, not considering affiliation. In certain years, a high 250s score such as 258 or 259 may also suffice, but it is quite risky.
‘A’ Tier Secondary School PSLE Cut-off point 2020
The ‘A’ Tier top secondary schools are:
- Dunman High School (IP)
- National Junior College (IP)
- CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School (IP)
- Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) (IB)
- Catholic High School (IP)
- Cedar Girls’ Secondary School (IP)
These schools are very close to the ‘S’ Tier elite schools mentioned above. For these schools, traditionally, a score of around 255 and above is the usual COP or cut off point.
Note that some of the above good schools also have an ‘O’ level track whose COP (Cut-off point) is typically around 5 points lower, or around 250.
PSLE Express Cut off point 2020
Historically, the PSLE cut off point for express stream is around 188. For example, the following schools (express stream) have their PSLE cut-off point set at 188, for the 2020 secondary school intake:
- Assumption English School
- Bartley Secondary School
- Bedok Green Secondary School
- Bendemeer Secondary School
- Boon Lay Secondary School
- … and many more, all the way to Yuhua Secondary School and Yuying Secondary School.
Read our previous blog post on the frequently asked question of: Express vs Normal Academic for borderline PSLE score.
Money Saving “Lobang” (Tips):
- Save up to 30% of your electricity bill by switching to Ohm!
- Get free Singtel Recontract Voucher worth $100!
- Earn 2% p.a. interest with GIGANTIQ!