Canon Most Ink Efficient Printer
Just bought this printer (Canon PIXMA G5020, which is listed in Singapore as Canon PIXMA G5070). It is ideal for home use for students and working professionals.
Its advantages include:
- Very efficient “ink tank” system. The ink refill system is by bottles of pure ink liquid instead of cartridges.
- Design for high volume printing at low running cost
- Compact size and dimensions (Approx. 403 x 369 x 166 mm for factory configuration, Approx. 403 x 695 x 356 mm when Output/ADF trays extended)
- Dual paper loading (you can load paper on the rear tray as well as the front tray). If you retract the rear tray, the printer becomes even more compact (just 16.6cm tall).
- High speed (for inkjet): ISO standard print speed (A4): up to 13.0ipm black / 6.8 ipm colour
- Supports wireless connection to computer as well as smart phone.
- Automatic Duplex
Overall, this is the ideal printer for work from home, as well as homeschool purposes. It is even more ideal for those who don’t want additional features such as scanner and fax. By not having those features (which you may not need), it has a very economical affordable cost. Especially when you factor in the long term savings from cheap and long-lasting ink refills.
If you do want copier, fax and scanning features, then you can consider the Canon PIXMA G7020 instead, which is basically the Canon G5020 with the additional features.