Just to update on the latest blog posts at http://mathtuition88.blogspot.com. I am trying to bring up the page rank for my Blogspot site, hence blogging there for the time being.
- Topics taught in JC 1 / JC 2 H2 Maths Many schools are now functioning more or less independently, and as a result teach various JC topics in different orders. Here is a suggested order followed by HCI, and to some extent RJC.
- H2 Maths Syllabus and Formula Sheet can be found here.
- Some amazing statistics about the top scorers of the IB program. Did you know the tiny Singapore island with only a few schools (notably ACS(I) and SJI) taking the IB syllabus actually produces more top scorers than the entire Australian continent? Asia power?
- Noah Ark is round or square? Check out this link which debates whether the Noah’s Ark is round or square, based on mathematics.
- O Level Top Scorer 2015
- Winnie The Pooh Maths Olympiad question
- The latest trend: Parents going for Maths Tuition
This book Why Before How: Singapore Math Computation Strategies, Grades 1-6 is surprisingly very popular. As an Amazon Affiliate, one of the most popular book I promote on my site is actually this book. It is a Singapore Math book that focuses on the “Why” before the “How”, which is very important as nowadays questions are designed to be solved using thinking, not just mechanical procedures.