The 3 valuable takeaways from this 1- hour interview with Steve Ballmer, who co-founded Microsoft with the richest man in the world Bill Gates:
1. Have a great idea before startup.
– The financial, talent, etc come later.
2. Great company does (at least) one trick well.
– Microsoft has 2.5 tricks: PC operating system (Windows); Microprocessors in data center (Winservers); the half trick is X box game console.
– Apple also has 2 tricks: Mac; Mobile computing in iPhone/iPAD/Appstore
– Facebook (Social Network) and Google (Search Engine) have 1 trick.
– Sony has 1 trick : Audio TV
– HP has 1 trick: Tester Equipment (now in Agilent)
– IBM has 1 trick: Entreprise Data Centre
– Samsung has 1 trick: hardware manufacturer (LCD flat panel, Smartphone…)
– Amazon has 1 trick: online bookshop
– Alibaba.com has 1 trick: eCommerce
Many great companies degenerate into smallness or extinction, because…
View original post 97 more words