Homeschool Math Challenging Questions
Mathtuition88 will be starting a series of Homeschool Math Challenging Problems, aimed at age 8 to 10 (Grade 2 to 4).
This series is targeted at kids age 8 to 10 who are strong / gifted at mathematics and wish to further stretch their potential. It is also useful for children who may not be strong in math at the moment, but have a keen interest in math nonetheless.
In particular, it is very suitable for the following purposes:
- Homeschooling for gifted kids
- Preparation for GEP (Gifted Education Programme) screening and selection tests
- Preparation for Math Olympiad
- Puzzles for kids interested in math but find school work too easy.
- PSLE challenging Math problem sums. The questions are also well within the PSLE Math Syllabus, and will be challenging to Primary 6 students as well.
This series of questions will follow the Singapore Math syllabus for Grade 3 students, covering the following topics:
- Whole Numbers
- Measurement (Length, Mass, Volume)
- Area and Perimeter (rectangle/square)
Although the syllabus above is elementary, we are choosing the toughest math questions (while still remaining in the framework of the syllabus). Hence, the title of the series is “Homeschool Math Challenging Puzzles for Grades 2-4”!
As far as possible, the questions will be categorized under: https://mathtuition88.com/category/homeschool-math-challenging-puzzles/