Excellent lecture using Physics and IT to illustrate the 2 totally different approaches in Programming:
- Imperative (or Procedural) – micro-steps or Local 微观世界
- Declarative (or Functional) – Macro-view or Global 大千世界
- Analysis (Calculus)
- Algebra (Structures, Category)
- Newton (Law of Motions), Maxwell (equations)
- Fermat (*) (Light travels in least time), Feynman (Quantum Physics).
In IT: Neural Network (AI) uses both 1 & 2.
- Western Medicine: germs/ viruses, anatomy, surgery
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (中医): Accupunture, Qi, Yin-Yang.
Note (*): Fermat : My alma mater university in Toulouse (France) named after this 17CE amateur mathematician, who worked in day time as a Chief Judge, after works spending time in Math and Physcis. He co-invented Analytic Geometry (with Descartes), Probability (with Pascal), also was the “Father of Number Theory” (The Fermat’s ‘Little’ TheoremandThe Fermat’s ‘Last’ Theorem). He…
View original post 25 more words