If you try calling the Singtel hotline 1688, you will spend most of your time to navigate the maze of options trying to speak to a human Singtel Customer Officer. I have not managed to successfully find the option to speak to a human Singtel Chat Agent through the hotline, if you know the method please comment below!
Also, do not bother speaking to “Shirley” on the Contact Us page (https://www.singtel.com/contact-us). It is quite clear Shirley is not a human, but just a bot.
The Trick to Chat with a Human Singtel Customer Officer
- Go to the Contact Us page.
- Click on Ask Shirley
- Type “can i chat with customer service officer”.
- Type in the category of your question, e.g. “billing”, “voucher”, etc.
- Whatever Shirley says, just click “Submit Enquiry”
- Bingo! You are now connected to a Human Chat Agent!
From trial and error, this is the easiest way to get to speak to a Human Singtel Customer Service Officer/ Chat Agent. There is no direct link to chat with a Singtel Customer Representative.
For the above method, you don’t even need to login to your Singtel account. But you may be asked your name and NRIC for verification purposes.